Spoiler alert.....If you are reading this book or plan to do not read....
So I watched Oprah when she announced her new book club book, "The Story of Edgar Sawtelle". I was really excited. There was a lady in the audience who said she wrote the author a letter thanking him for writing such a wonderful book. So I ordered it from Amazon right away! When I first started reading it I really enjoyed it. It is written really well. His descriptions are beautiful and I really felt I could see what he was talking about. As I kept reading I still enjoyed the language of the book, but it seemed to drag on and on. From one event to another was forever! But I thought he is setting us up for a wonderful story I just have to keep reading. I even looked past the colorful language. It was in context so it didn't bother me too much. Last night I finished the book! Can I say Lame!!!!! I knew the book wouldn't turn out the way I thought it would, but I didn't think he would end it this way! So if you are thinking about reading it, I can't recommend it. I am sure some people may like ending a book really depressed but happy for the dogs, I am not one of them. I could have been reading Jane Austin!! I am really ticked I wasted my time and sleep reading that book! I can't wait to start "Emma" tonight. I know I won't be disappointed with that!
Update:
So after I wrote this Rod and I discussed the book. He pointed out that a lot of books that have become classics are tragedies and the fact that I was so invested in the story makes the author a good story teller. The more I talked about the book the more I had to agree with him. I really did enjoy the way the story was told, and the fact that I was so upset about the end shows how much I really loved the characters. So if you like a good story, this one is, but don't stay up late to finish it, wait until the sun is shining.
No comments:
Post a Comment