Saturday, September 6, 2008

Ginormous!



I need to write another little note about our garden. Everything that has done well has done really well. We have a ton of tomatoes! Most of them are still green, but the ones that have turned red are so good! The beans have been growing like weeds. I can't give them away fast enough. We have more peppers than I know what to do with. But the items that have truly defined the word "Ginormous" (yes it is a real word) are our Sunflowers. They are SO tall and are really beautiful. They have attracted a lot of bees to our yard, which is great. We all need to do our part in helping the bees. Rod is very proud of these monstrous flowers.



This the latest one to bloom. It is over 8 ft tall.

4 comments:

Cory and Traci Hurrle said...

Um, so if you wanna give some veggies away, you can give em away to me :)

Sandy said...

Wow, I'm impressed! We had one sunflower grow...it got about 4 feet tall, then the head got too heavy for the stem and it spend the rest of its short life with its face in the dirt, completely doubled over! Yours look awesome!

P.S. - if you guys make things like stir fry, etc. where you cook peppers...you can deseed them and slice them up to freeze. We do that with bell peppers all the time - as long as you're cooking them and not eating them raw, you can't tell the difference!

Nicole said...

we luved the beans and other veggies, thank you so much!

Liz Maile said...

WOw! I wish I had a garden, but I cannot grow anything...except kids!